Friday 27 March 2015

Work diary (Shoot 5)

This photograph was taken for my aspects of landscape shoot and was taken as part of my aspects of scale and depth shoot. This photograph was taken while the sun was going down and by photographing the woodland underneath this creates a silhouette effect that stands out. This photograph emphasises the aspect of scale in this landscape as the wide photograph shows how largely stretched out the woodlands is. By photographing the sun fading into the large tree creates a vocal point and instantly draws my eyes to the photograph. The warming colours uses in the sky where the sun is the main light source that creates the warming tones. The idea of warming tones is inspired by the landscape photographer Kate Mellor and creates a calm and positive vibe to the photograph. The sky is an iconic part of this photograph and the clouds express the formal element of shapes as they are captured to show contrast between light and dark tones in the photograph. This photograph is one of my favourite photographs so far in my landscape project and the slightly low angle as allowed the tree to look much taller and bigger than what it is in real life. Therefore enhancing the beauty of nature in this photograph.

This photograph was also taken for my aspects of landscape shoot and was taken to show the aspect of scale and depth in a landscape. This photograph was taken above a long lengthened path where the idea of depth was shown as the path becomes very narrow as it gets further away from the lens. Furthermore the tree's in the landscape also show an aspect of depth as they become very faint as they get further into the distance allowing the use of depth to be very affective. In addition by converting the whole photograph to black and white allows the dark and light tones to stand out more and give the photograph are more eye catching aspect to it. This photograph also shows the aspect of scale as the photograph also shows in the distance the landscape continuing in the hills this shows how large this setting is and how stunning it is. To photograph this I had to lay down very low on the floor to allow my camera to create a low angle to make the depth look very sleek and affective as possible by exaggerating the length of the path.

From my previous shoot that I was lucky enough to photograph in New York I had mainly captured man made photographs these photographs were a success however the previous shoot before that taken at Netswell pond was the beginning of myself capturing the aspect of depth this was something that I felt was more successful then the man made landscape idea therefore this shoot continues the use of depth however capturing photographs in a more larger scale landscape. This allowed me to create more effective photographs as the different settings that I shot allowed me to be more creative in both the shooting and editing stages.

If I would go back to this shoot I would of captured more objects close up to show a different use of depth as the object for example part go a gate would be close up and depth of landscape out of focus. This is something that I will demonstrate in future shoots to come as this idea is something that will make my aspect of landscape photographs very interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment