Tuesday 21 April 2015

Work Diary (Shoot 6)

This photograph was taken as part of my aspects of landscape shoot. This photograph shows the aspect of depth firstly because the idea of photographing the small branches of the tree up close and the rest of the landscape in the distance blurred allows the depth to be shown in a different way than what I have in previous shoots. This photograph is very rich in the colour green and this allows the con nation of nature to be shown. This photograph also shows the aspect of scale in this picture as the wide angle allows the landscape to look very large and the depth of the blurred landscapes exaggerates the length of the setting. Furthermore the bright and vibrant green's in this photograph allow this photograph to be very eye catching as well as bringing out delicate and smooth texture of the leaves close up allows this photograph to look very sharp and detailed. This photograph was influenced by the idea that I had in my previous shoot as the work diary states that this depth of field technique is something that I would like to use in this shoot. Therefore this photograph demonstrates the connection between this shoot and my previous shoot.

This shoot was also captured for part of my aspects of landscape shoot and shows the aspect of scale and depth in the image. This is because the depth is shown where the close up tree that is shown as a frame is in focus and the landscape behind it is blurred to exaggerate the depth and scale that it has. This idea was formed because this tree has a strange shape to it where it looks like a frame. Therefore I decided to position the camera to make it look like I was framing the landscape. This photograph could have been angled more low to allow the whole frame to be shown better. However the idea of converting the landscape in black and white and keeping the tree that is in focus in colour allows this idea to be very affective because it highlights the different in depth between the tree and the blurred background. Lastly the closeness of the tree allows the tones and textures to stand out even more this is because it enhances them more and because of the close up technique is allows the viewer to see the detail better.

This shoot was influenced by the success of all my previous shoots that had shown the aspect of scale and depth. Furthermore the idea of using the technique depth of field to blur out the background was a technique that I had learnt at the beginning of unit3 and I found this very interesting and creative therefore I had decided to show it in my landscape photography. In addition the idea of using depth of field where the landscape is blurred to enhance the scale of the landscape was stated in my previous work diary therefore this shoot is showing the connection I have made and how these photographs were thought of and captured.

This idea of depth of field in a landscape I feel is working very well therefore I would like to continue this idea in future shoots to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment